School, located on the Green where Town Office Building now stands.
Teacher in doorway is Pauline Sanford, pupils from right to left
are Ernest Dachenhausen, Victor Grumman, Raymond Rider, Lawrence
Banks, Ellis Peterson, Majorie Platt, Clara Sanford, Dudley Sanford,
Betty Reynolds, Ruth Robinson, Robert Rumsey, Cornelia Peterson,
Adam Beaudry, Leslie Favreau, Dick Williams, Everett Dachenhausen,
Katherine Duncan, Eva Beaudry, Bill Reynolds, Elsie Williams, Louise
Nardine, Jennie Peterson, Alice Williams, ? McLean, Louise Beaudry,
Lora Favreau, Arthur Williams.(From 1967 Redding Bicentennial Program,
Historical Society Photos)
School, as it stood on a rise (on the common right of way) south
of the Green on Sanfordtown Road, in the 1890's. "Miss Maggie"
Flood taught several generations here. Note Boys' and Girls' entrances.(From
1967 Redding Bicentennial Program, Historical Society Photos)
School children outside the original Gilbert & Bennett School
in 1910. This building was lost to fire in 1916 or 17.(Photo from
the collection of Janet Tryde)
School children outside the second Gilbert & Bennett School
(date unknown). Notice the open doors behind the children, these
were fire escape doors that led from each and every classroom. The
second Gilbert school was state of the art for it's time and still
stands today. (Photo from the collection of Janet Tryde)
the photos to your next function:
is available for slide lectures on the History of Redding and Georgetown.
Follow the link below for more information.
Lecture Rates & Information