History of The Redding Boys and Girls Club
"Sunday at the Club" Jesse P. Sanford and a large
group of young fans in front of the fireplace.
P. Sanford on the Club's back porch with Left to Right:
David Loggie, Bobby Cole, Larry Crisman, and Jock Loggie.
Club members planting Christmas Trees in 1957-58. These trees
were meant to be sold in future years for fund raising but
the land that they were planted on was not located on Boys
Club property and when the land was sold the trees were included
in the sale. The trees are now fully grown and can be seen
from the lower fields on the far left.
1947-48 Boys Club Basketball team with coaches Jesse Sanford,
Al Aquino, and Milt Reinhardsen. Bobby Sanford, son of Jesse,
is holding the ball.(From Redding Times, 1958)
Platt keeps a watchful eye on practice. Before Redding and
Easton merged to form
the Region 9 High School, many of Ray's pupils went on to
star for Danbury High School.
(From Redding Times, 1958)
practice in full swing!(From Redding Times, 1958)
Club Board of Directors(From Redding Times, 1958)
view of the Redding Girls' and Boys' Club in 1954.
Boys Club building was lost to fire the day after founder
Jesse P. Sanford passed away...some would say he took it with
to TOP | Back to Redding
Section | Back to Georgetown